Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 1:12:16 PM EDT
I just bought a Springfield XD-45 Tactical, and I want a better
tactical holster than the Fobus one that comes with the pistol.
Tell me what works , and what doesn't. The Fobus one will scratch
up the top based on a thread elsewhere in here.

I need hip and drop leg recommendations, preferably military
applications since this holster will help upgrade my gear.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
While I can't blame you for wanting something other than your included fobus, new handguns are sometimes a matter of giving the holster producers some time to bring a new model on line.

You still need to be a bit more specific as to hip holsters, with options of inside the pants, belt slides, regular Field , etc. etc. being some of the options.  Not to mention materials ie. leather, kydex, or what?
As far as a drop leg, I would wait for the safariland 6004 w/out a doubt.

Good luck, you'll soon have tons of choices.  The XD's have a good reputation and I'm sure that the holster manufactorers are getting ready.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for drop-leg military use, concealed carry, belt slide and regular field.
Drop-leg is first, followed by concealed carry.

Some have bought the XD-45 and already found what works best according
to current availability.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard that many of the rigs for the 9mm and 40's work, you might see if you could try one out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top