Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 9:50:56 AM EDT
Anybody have any recommendations for a good concealed carry holster for a Ruger P85
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The big Rugers are hard to conceal unless you are wearing a jacket, vest, or unbuttoned shirt. I once had a Ruger P95 and I used a DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB with it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on how big you are (I'm 5'10", 270 lbs), you may consider the Clipdraw. This is a belt clip that attaches directly to the pistol; you simply slip the gun in and out of the waistband. I carry my 1911 .45 this way very easily. URL: http://www.clipdraw.com/

Disadvantages: sitting in the car (with bucket seats) it'll move around. Knocking into furniture, handrails, etc. it'll sometimes move around.

Advantages: No IWB holster to buy; no holster to remove when you remove the pistol (this is very important to me, as I go in and out of "handgun banned" places all day long-- post office, my workplace (a junior college), Walmart, etc. and prefer to take my holster off with the gun.

As far as an inexpensive IWB holster, I've found that the CrossBreed holster fits well and is quite comfortable. I have one for my 9mm Baby Desert Eagle (a CZ-75 clone). Ugly as sin out of the box, but appearances are deceiving! (And, since its a 'concealed' holster, who'se to know?) And you can get it in an adjustible model, letting you carry it canted, non-canted, or as high or low as you wish. Price: about $59, plus s&h. URL: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Good luck. I've done about 2 months of searching for a reliable and inexpensive holster (while I waited for my CCW to arrive) and I think these are the best choices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top