Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 12:07:11 PM EDT
Anybody know if such an anamal exists? Thinking about using on on my SKD Eagle chest rig instead of the pouch. Otherwise I'll just go to a drop leg.

I found one that Blackhawk makes but that's it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Please excuse the newbie post, but are you looking for something like this:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=46
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Please excuse the newbie post, but are you looking for something like this:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=46

Yup, I actually found that one yestereday. Blackwater Gear by Micheals of Oregon also make one. I'm still looking for others.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
just curious of your setup, so dont taket his the wrong way, what is your plan in regards to carrying your pistol on your chest?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
just curious of your setup, so dont taket his the wrong way, what is your plan in regards to carrying your pistol on your chest?

Well, kind of. I have a Eagle chest rig from SKD that has PALS webbing on the two sides. I can use a pouch to the carry the pistol but it's a tight fit and hard to insert and remove the piece. I figured a holster would be better. I wanted to keep in all in one unit to keep things simple.

SKD rig with PALS webbing:

Eagle rig with Glock in pouch (right hand side):

Blackwater MOLLE holster:

Blackhawk STRIKE holster:

The Tactical Taylor doesn't fit a light and Specter Gear is for the M9.

This is what I'm putting in it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#5]
got ya...

you have any more worries than usual going prone with a pistol on your chest?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
got ya...

you have any more worries than usual going prone with a pistol on your chest?

I suppose so. Like knocking the safe off. Yet there is a whole bunch of mags hanging there too. I'm just a novice so I have a lot of learning to do. I'm working on getting some gear together and take a carbine class, hopefully this summer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#7]
roger, no problem. Im somewhat in the same boat..

It all depends on how secure the holster is, how heavy the firearm is, and how much you see yourself being in the prone.

Its alot of weight to have hanging on your chest..so you might want to think about disbursing the weight across your body..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top