Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 12:13:25 PM EDT
I know Insight and Surefire makes one, but does anyone else?

I would like to find an aluminum one. I have a couple old M1911s and M9s that need rails.

I like Surefires but at ~$100-$150, I can't afford as many as I need.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I found some pictures to host in case I am not being clear on what it is that I want.

Here is insight's adapter:

it is OK- I would just feel more comfortable if it was made of metal.

Here is Surefire's MR07 1911 adapter (I don't know whos's gun it is- I stole the pic):

I really like it, but the MSRP is like $150.

Anyone know of an alternative that is aluminum (or steel) and cheaper than SF's? Anyone know of the cheapest place to get a SF adapter if I can't find an alternative?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Update: I found a SF for my Beretta for $30 on ebay. It should be here in a couple days. I will post pics when it finally comes in.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Yost Bonitz makes a rail too, you can order it with the light for a discount.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be nice to actually see some pics of it.  The two pics they have on their website show the gun with the light attached and covering their rail.  But it sounds an awful lot like Dawson's rail.

I've handled it extensively, although I don't have a compatible holster so I haven't used it.  It looks just like the Dawson rail, but they make a QD adapter to fit it to the X200.  It's a pretty good deal, I think, expecially if you need some work done.

I'll tell Jason to look into getting some more material up on the web page.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be nice to actually see some pics of it.  The two pics they have on their website show the gun with the light attached and covering their rail.  But it sounds an awful lot like Dawson's rail.

I've handled it extensively, although I don't have a compatible holster so I haven't used it.  It looks just like the Dawson rail, but they make a QD adapter to fit it to the X200.  It's a pretty good deal, I think, expecially if you need some work done.

I'll tell Jason to look into getting some more material up on the web page.

I would like to see some better pics of the rail and adapter seperate as well. I am still on the market for two 1911 rails. I can't seem to find anyone who carries SF's. Keep us informed and if you can get additional pics, please email them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Jason does the rail alllow the use of most holsters as the Dawson does?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top