Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 10:15:53 AM EDT
I am looking at buying a tactical light and a laser for my G22.  I know Safarilands 6004 will accept the M6, but is it worth it?  Can anyone recommend another setup for about the same price?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're dead set to have both the light and laser, it's probably your best choice.  If the holster availability works out, I'd get the M6x series though.  the x series supposedly has a better switch set up, compared to the plain m series.

I've only handled the m6 variety, we're issued the m3 for our G22s.  I didn't care for the dial and switch set up on the m6.  YMMV.  
I also don't care for how the switch works in my prefered method of use, I'll hit the momentary portion of the switch, illuminate the target and fire.  On my 1st night qual, I had the light stop working.  The battery cover that is part of the switch assembly had partially opened under recoil.  I have to slide my finger off the switch as I press or the problem occurs.

I just frankly vastly prefer the surefire products.  If I was in your shoes, I'd start off w/ an x200 by surefire (about the same price, maybe a bit less IIRC).  Then I'd save up for the crimson trace (grip area) or lasermax (recoil spring guide replacement) for your laser wants/needs.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Great information, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you want a laser specifically for some reason?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I recommend the X200 from Surefire.  I think it's a better quality light.  But if you must have a laser, then the M6X is the only game in town.  Of course, you could always get a Crimson Trace grip laser, or a Lasermax guide rod laser.  

Light Reviews:
www.sniperworld.com/books/gear_9.html

www.imagometrics.com/FLReviews/FL_Stuff_2.htm
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#5]
GLOCK's about to release a new light/laser combo.

http://tinypic.com/mj1yqu.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top