Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:11:22 AM EDT
He folks i'm in the market for a holster where concealment isn't an issue. Gun is going to be worn on the hip, and must have a retention system. I would like to keep the price under 100 dollars, any suggestions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
What gun model?  MJD
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#2]
At this point a USP45 full size, and in a month or so a sig 229.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Reason I asked is there's some really nice 226 holsters in the EE right now.  I've used a couple of Safarilands.  I had an 070 SSIII for Sig 226/220 and currently have a 6004 for Sig 220.  The 070 is your typical duty holster, has thumbreak, middle finger release tab and ejection port lock.  You have to pop both breaks and then rock the pistol a little bit back to draw it.  Overly complicated for me.  The 6004 uses the standard "hood" mechanism.  I like that better, it's simpler and faster but still has good retention.  They make the same holster in a belt-ride version, but I don't know the model number.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the Safariland Holster you are referring to is the 6280.  It had the rotating hood, similar to the 6004.  This is what I carry for duty and I am very happy with it as a duty holster.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#5]
www.safariland.com
www.unclemikes.com

The Safariland 6280 is a decent holster, widely used and simple to operate. The SSIII 070 takes some getting use to since it's a level 3 retention. The Raptors are also good holsters.

I use a Uncle Mike's Pro 3 and like it better than the 070 that I wore out after 7 years of use. I'm faster with the Pro 3 and it is easier to use than the 070.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The safriland 6280 is the only way to fly, IMO.

Ive used the Mikes Pro3--Junk, IMO..

the 070..great quality, way too hard to unholster...if I worked in a lot of crowds, and such, itd be great...

Anything Bianchi...again, junk

The Safariland line is so far above anything else on the market in terms of options, price, and quality, there is no need to look anywhere else.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive carried the SSIII for about four years now. Yeah, it takes a little to get used to. Practice often and it is like second nature. (to me anyways) My .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top