Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2005 6:19:50 AM EDT
I just bought a used ITI M3 off the forums and I am curious if anybody here has one and may be able  to answer a couple questions...  I will start with a few product links for those that may not know much about these:

Product Announcement for the M3 LED
Products Specs on the M3 LED
Update on M3LED and the use of Remote switches

What I am curius about is just how the switch on the M3 LED and the remotes work.

From the links above I see that they say that the M3 LED has independent Constant and Moment switches so it seems you can use the LED in constant and then activate the white light.  I also see that the remote is specific for the M3 LED because it requres two different contacts to allow the remote to activate the LED and the White light.

Can someone describe these switches as they are on the standard M3 LED (I have a M6 so I have a basic understanding)?

With the remotes, do the remotes allow you two pressure areas so that you can activate the LED OR the torch depending on what you activate?  

I think there would be a use for a weapon light that would allow a low power LED to be activated with instant access to the brighter light if desired but I just can't figure out how this all works.  

I bought this as part of my Survival preparidness as 36-hours of general use light combined with a bright weapon light is something that makes a lot of logical sence...  yea, the general lighting would be done with the M3 LED off the gun.

I also think this light has some real potential for night hunting as preditors will not react to a Red Light to call them in so I might just mount this on a 22 or shotgun and take it Fox hunting this winter.

Thanks for any advise on how this works...  I just bought this yesterday so should have it in the next week so I can fool around with it but I am just so curious that I had to ask.

EDIT:

I found the manual for the M3 LED:  www.defensiveweaponsystems.com/pdf/iti/m3-led_manual_.pdf
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I never got any advise but I did get the M3 LED.  The M3 LED uses the same toggle swich to activate the bright light as the M3 or M6 but the selector knob depresses to allow the LED to be activated by depressing the button or the LED can be constantly on in another position.

I like this light as the LED provides enough illumination to allow me to see to move around the house without trashing my night vision with the power of the 6v light if I do want to blind an opponent or illuminate a room.

I have this mounted on a Glock 17 with an internal lasermax and the combination of laser, LED, and 6-volt weapon light is working out to be as close to the perfect weapon system as I could wish for...  well, I also bough a Glock 22 that I hope to have soon so I will be moving up to 40 S&W for a little better bullet performance but you know what I mean.

I still would love some advise on the tape strips for these and how they work as this is a system that really could use two different pressure points... one for LED and one for 6v weapon light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top