Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2005 5:53:42 PM EDT
I am posting this to get a feel for the possible market for inexpensive dummy suppressor threaded in the almost universal 1/2x28. I was talking to a producer of real suppressors and ran the idea by him.  He was kinda interested as to the market.  this is kinda of my research thread
if there were built out of aluminum and maybe a tad shorter than most 22lr suppressors

i know that price will become the main issue so lets say they are $30-$40 to your door.

who would be interested in purchasing one?

thanks
Brian
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

A Volkswagen with a Ferrari body is still a Volkswagen.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, there are a bunch (ie. shitload) of posers out there so, I'd say you have a pretty good market.

If I were you I would make them to look as close to the real thing as posible, right down to the text on the side of it... So much so, that you would have to look into it to tell if it has any baffles. There are already enough fake pos cans out there as it is that another one isn't needed. Look at the AAC fake can - it was made right, assuming you can fire your gun while it is in place.... AAC say's you can not, yet owners say you can
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind the people who aren't allowed to have real suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two real ones,,,but I would be interested in a few "fakes" as well
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Just say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Would people really buy such a thing?

*shakes head*

Cheers,

Bob Ash
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
No.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top