Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 6:00:36 PM EDT
I have a Uncle Mikes Kydex holster for my 1911 ... Is there a way to convert it to a tactical leg holster?  Who sells an extender?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Does that REALLY sound like a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Never seen an adapter....

Gotta go with Lumpy though, probably not a good idea.

You can get some cheap drop leg holsters from cheaper then dirt and sportsmans guide though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't buy cheap - it'll look like shit and won't work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you using it for.

Range, Look cool for the ladies

Competition

SWAT

I got my wife a bagmaster for her walther.  Works fine for the Range but I would use it anywhere else.  29.95 @ gun show
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a reason why we all have a box/draw/cubbard full of holsters for our guns....

Just buy the best one (or two) to last you a life time and you can't go wrong and will save you money in the long run.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a cheap leg holster ($20.00) for my Beretta 92FS and it doesn't fit right, hold the pistol tight, hard to adjust and hard to draw from. Sure looks cool though! Then I bought an OMEGA leg holster from BlackHawk and it makes all the difference - plus it looks cooler! As it's been said before, we all try to buy cheap/fabricate our own and all we end up with is a box of useless holsters. Buy right the first time. hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, consider the reason you are buying - looking cool? tactical? life-or-death? That question should answer the question of how much you should pay. hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Duct taping an uncle mikes kydex holster to your thigh is a sure way to loos your handgun during movement.  Even some nylon rigs that are built for it i've seen loose the gun.  I can only really recommend the Safarilad 6004.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

That being said, the only real reason for the thigh holster is if you're wearing extended coverage armor or a tactical vest that somehow impairs you from accessing a gun on your hip
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't buy cheap - it'll look like shit and won't work.

+1

learned the hard way, never go w/ cheap stuff

i would get a kydex holster already made and designed to be used as a tac holster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top