Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 6:26:34 AM EDT
Hello all.  Recently came across a very nice 65-5 3" which I have been looking for for a while (would have preferred a 13 3" but those always seem to elude me), however I am now in search of a holster and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on holsters for 3" K Frames?  

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
There are not really many holsters specifically made for the 3" K frames. Most are made for the 2.5" or 4" guns, so you have to decide whether you want a 1/2" of barrel sticking out or having 1" of extra leather hanging on your rig.

I ran into the same problem with my 3" J frame S&W. I ended up with an IWB holster from Don Hume which works pretty well. It is actually made for a 3" revolver. I also got a Fobus paddle rig too. It is really made for the 2" guns, but I don't mind a bit of barrel being exposed.

I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the rig. Is it for CCW carry or field carry? Do want a thumbsnap? Leather or plastic/kydex? Belt, IWB, SOB, ankle or shoulder holster....etc

There is the Bianchi "Shadow", which is a belt slide style holser with a thumbsnap on it, that is pretty good for strong side carry. Most of the holster companies have at least one to two offerings for K frames. I would check: DeSantis, Galco, Kramer, Milt Sparks, etc....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top