Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 12:46:12 PM EDT
I have one coming and am trying to figure out what holseter to get.

I want leather and am debating about a snap or open, and possiblly a paddle.

what do you recomend,? i like the ability to remove with the paddle but also the stability of knowing my belt will hold it as i draw
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Fobus paddle for a short while.  Never again.  I'll stick to belt loops from now on.

If you are planning to carry open, then perhaps a snap would suit you best.  I have seen open tops while carrying open.  

If you are to carry concealed, I would stick with the open topped.  Since nobody will be seeing your concealed handgun, the extra retention would probably not be neccessary.  Also, if you are to draw your pistol while concealed, you would want as few obsticles in the way as possible.  You'll already be pulling a shirt and/or jacket out of the way as it is.

I always recommend Galco or Milt Sparks for leather holsters.  (They are the only ones I have experience with.)  They are top of the line holsters and have many different styles that will suit your needs.  You will soon find that one holster will probably not be enough.  Different holsters for different applications/enviorments.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I recomend you get one without a snap and avoid Galco. I like the cut, style and utility of Galco holsters, but they lose their shape and get soft rather quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top