Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2017 5:08:12 PM EDT
If anyone's looking for a new or a second one cabelas has them on sale for $ 349 I picked one up, they are on back order as of now.. but at this price I couldn't pass one up..
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If anyone's looking for a new or a second one cabelas has them on sale for $ 349 I picked one up, they are on back order as of now.. but at this price I couldn't pass one up..
View Quote

A gen 2 version is being released soon
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Was very tempted, but my gun stuff spending has been insane this past year.  Got to throttle back.

Anyway, my Vortex Venom hasn't given me any problems over the past year or so.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A gen 2 version is being released soon
View Quote
yeah I think that's why these are on sale ? Not sure what the new Gen will bring but these are good, I need to quit spending money as well on these things LOL... this new trijicon will replace my viper red dot, so now I'll need to sell it ...
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yeah I think that's why these are on sale ? Not sure what the new Gen will bring but these are good, I need to quit spending money as well on these things LOL... this new trijicon will replace my viper red dot, so now I'll need to sell it ...
View Quote
"Trijicon has improved the battery contacts. Additionally, there’s a button lockout mode as well as a battery conservation mode which auto adjusts to ambient lighting conditions after 16.5 hours of inactivity."

Sounds like they sealed the bottom of it, basically what an anti-flicker plate does now.
Auto adjust is kinda cool.

But yeah picked up two RMRs of the GEN1s.
Too cheap not to.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
With the price of the Gen 1 clearance, I ordered 2 more RMR 06's... the 3 I have already are great optics.

The Gen 2 upgrade doesn't really do anything for me... I don't want an auto shutoff.  I don't need a button lock out... never had an issue with the Gen1 buttons getting hit in the holster.
I am curious what the upgrades internally to improve battery contact ruggedness are... mine have been fine with a bit of tweaking on one (the tape loop fix and a sliver of rubberband behind the side contact and using Sony batteries).

I'll gladly continue to offer a home to Gen 1 RMR 06's for the foreseeable future... going to take a big upgrade for me to want to move up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With the price of the Gen 1 clearance, I ordered 2 more RMR 06's... the 3 I have already are great optics.

The Gen 2 upgrade doesn't really do anything for me... I don't want an auto shutoff.  I don't need a button lock out... never had an issue with the Gen1 buttons getting hit in the holster.
I am curious what the upgrades internally to improve battery contact ruggedness are... mine have been fine with a bit of tweaking on one (the tape loop fix and a sliver of rubberband behind the side contact and using Sony batteries).

I'll gladly continue to offer a home to Gen 1 RMR 06's for the foreseeable future... going to take a big upgrade for me to want to move up.
View Quote
Same.

I picked up a Battle Werx anti flicker plate to be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for one.  Now I need to decide where to put it.  I am considering L&M Precision to mill the slide of my Sig.  Any thoughts on that vendor?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm in for one.  Now I need to decide where to put it.  I am considering L&M Precision to mill the slide of my Sig.  Any thoughts on that vendor?  Thanks.
View Quote
They have a pretty solid reputation. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a good deal! You guys think my 75 yr old dad would benefit from having one on a 1911 I'm having built for him?
  I did have the dual illumination model once on a g20. It was just ok. Had the dovetail mount which sucked. Put the sight too high. And the dual mode one would wash out if shooting with a light and or shooting inside aiming at something outside.  So I think I'll go with the led one this time and mill the slide for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top