Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2016 10:54:09 AM EDT
This morning was a pistol day. Decided to take out my summer carry guns and start getting back to being proficient with them. Mustang XSP, boringly reliable one handed. Next up was the Shield. Been meaning to take it out ever since I added the rubber wraparound grips. I used to be leery on wanting to shoot the Shield in the past as it wasn't much fun for me and it felt like the grip was almost too thin for me to gain positive muzzle control. After just three mags worth, I was instantly happy and sold on the rubber Talons as muzzle rise was almost non existent with those grips. It was shooting like a laser during slow fire and double taps from the draw. Perfect.

If you were on the fence before on the rubber wraps from Talon, maybe this thread will help you out in the right direction. It was well worth it and money well spent for me and my Shield is now most certainly a keeper.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree. I like my Shield but I like it better with the Talon grips. Both excellent products
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I've read nothing but positive reviews about Talon Grips. Just ordered me a rubber set for my Glock 23. If you order directly from their website, they offer free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Rubber talons are on my G23, Shield and M&P9.  They are a day one install for me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
They don't last long in Texas on my EDC. I've tried using my heat gun, letting it sit in the car, going hot to cold, back to hot, but the adhesive just plain old stops sticking within the first year. I'm going to have to get my Glock stippled,, yuck.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't last long in Texas on my EDC. I've tried using my heat gun, letting it sit in the car, going hot to cold, back to hot, but the adhesive just plain old stops sticking within the first year. I'm going to have to get my Glock stippled,, yuck.
View Quote
If that happens to me a year from now, I'll just buy more. Worthwhile of an investment and they are cheap enough to keep a small supply of them on hand. It's a band aid fix that I can accept.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This morning was a pistol day. Decided to take out my summer carry guns and start getting back to being proficient with them. Mustang XSP, boringly reliable one handed. Next up was the Shield. Been meaning to take it out ever since I added the rubber wraparound grips. I used to be leery on wanting to shoot the Shield in the past as it wasn't much fun for me and it felt like the grip was almost too thin for me to gain positive muzzle control. After just three mags worth, I was instantly happy and sold on the rubber Talons as muzzle rise was almost non existent with those grips. It was shooting like a laser during slow fire and double taps from the draw. Perfect.

If you were on the fence before on the rubber wraps from Talon, maybe this thread will help you out in the right direction. It was well worth it and money well spent for me and my Shield is now most certainly a keeper.
View Quote

Every day!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Every day!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every day!
Amen. I shoot pistols the most. If I carry them, it's a must to taking them out and staying proficient with them at all times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top