Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:28 AM EDT
I got my first teaser look at this holster in mid-2014 and then a more in-depth look a few months ago. There were some rather interesting design features that I really dug.

I just got mine delivered a few days ago. The first thing that will stand out to most is the injection molded construction. This material along with adjustable retention makes for a very slick and fast presentation. The holster body is designed to accommodate any size sights, red dots, frame modifications and is ambidextrous.  Essentially it is a one size fits all holster.

The holster shipped with two different size belt hooks. I have played around with a lot of hard loops, over hooks, and pull the dot loops on holsters; a lot of them had issues working with my Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced.  The larger of the supplied hooks fit like a glove, smart money says this is not a coincidence. You have the choice of mounting one or both loops, and at various cants to find your personal sweet spot.

The holster also has a removable pad on the rear of the holster. I have found that with AIWB the belt line tends to create a pivot point which can cause the butt of the gun to "spill over".  This is especially true with shorter guns and those of us that have a bit of a fuel reserve. The pad counteracts this and keeps the pistol in a straight vertical position. I have seen a similar design on other holsters and it can certainly help in this regard.

The biggest feature that I like is the claw.  It is also a removable item and can be flipped with either an upward or downward angle.  Most AIWB users will find that the biggest concealment issue is the magwell portion of the pistol printing when pivoting outward.  When you belt tightens down against the claw it brings the pistol in tight. I am able to carry my G19 with a fullsize 17 magazine under a t-shirt with no printing concerns.

I am obviously still getting to know this holster and see what setup works best for me. At this point I have settled on a single belt hook (nearest the trigger) with a slight cant. I have also removed the pad but I am still using the claw.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Comfort?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to the movies and dinner on Friday.  No issues with being seated the entire time.  Saturday we assembled a new bed and I had no discomfort with bending over and picking up things.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried it around 3 or 4 oclock position yet?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not.  

The only time I don't carry AIWB is when I am running a light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top