Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 9:23:42 PM EDT
I need a little help finong a holster.   I am getting overwhelmed with the vast assortment.

I'm looking for a Conceal carry iwb holster.  Not trying to be a cheap ass but I'm looking for the best bang for the buck.  I don't want to spend $120 if I can get a $60 holster that carries the gun and conceals just as well at the expence of comfort I'd rather get the $60 one.

Can anyone recommend me some places to look?  I don't really want to wait 5 weeks for one so I'm looking for options
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Blade-Tech Appendix  $32 Ebay

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

this is what I used, sweet rig and fast draw from appendix carry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using a pjholster .  Little over 50 dollars.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Alien Gear IWB. Not a bad purchase for $40.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I use this holster from flashbang. It's got a smaller footprint and the suede back is incredibly comfortable.

This one is a straight drop because I carry with a palm-out draw, but you can get it in a normal (FBI ?) cant somewhere on the web site.

http://flashbangholsters.publishpath.com/ava-holster?ReturnUrl=LwB0AGgAZQAtAGYAbABhAHMAaABiAGEAbgBnAA%3d%3d

Tom

here's the normal cant version.  http://looperlawenforcement.com/the-ava.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Comptac Spartan:

http://www.comp-tac.com/concealed-carry-holsters/spartan-holster-10231

You'll forget you're wearing it.   Dual belt loops distributes the weight and prevent any rotation.
Single layer leather backing is very flexible and conforms to your body.  Completely adjustable cant, ride height., and retention force.

$65

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Desantis Intruder for my LC9 and I imagine the one for the Shield is just as awesome:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/247644/  On sale for $38
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all!

This is my first dedicated conceal carry rig so the vast styles of holsters is boggling.

I feel like an idiot though, not 20 minutes after posting this someone posted a Blade Tech IWB holster for $15 shipped on another forum.  I snagged it.  Im pretty sure its the one listed above and I figure for $15 it beats the hell out of the chincy uncle mikes holsters the store tried selling me.  It will let me get used to the gun and go shoot it a bit before dedicating myself to any one holster style.  Then in a few months I can get a nice Kydex holster from someone and not be worried about 5 week wait times.

I don't want to kill the thread yet though.  This will be a temporary holster for now so I will still be looking in the future because google never really did turn back any good holster discussions when Ive been looking
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The best I have found
Link
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Rigid holsters for hybrid or kydex

http://www.ridgidholsters.com/category_s/1818.htm
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Blade tech holster made it in today.  I can deffinately see why some holsters have the big leather side shields.  My skinny waist and semi tight fit wranglers don't allow for much room.  Might just be the beans but they really suck the holster in tight against me.  The bigrather shield would be nice on my bony hip.

I can also tell that my body frame is not big enough to even conceal the shield on my strong side hip.  At 3 o'clock I get way to much printing even with my usual baggy t shirt.  (Mediums are too short so I go large and they are just baggy.)  I personally don't feel comfortable carrying at more of a 4 o clock position so I guess I'll have too give more of a 2 o'clock position a try.

I'm going to look into a belly band. May be the key for summertime carry with my body mechanics but fall and winter will be great for IWB
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL sorry in the first paragraph of last post it's not my beans giving me issues it's my jeans
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Good thing you cleared that up, I was going to suggest if your beans are giving you trouble you might want to loosen up on them Wranglers a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
No one has mentioned it yet so I will-- absolutely LOVE my N82 tactical.  I have the professional model, and it is by far the most comfortable holster I've had.  The "twist draw" takes about 2 hours of walking around the house and periodically drawing your handgun, and then it is second nature.  Securely holds your firearm without any hindrance to draw speed, super comfortable, retains and handles the load of the handgun well, and made in the US.  

The absolute best part is the gun never touches your body, a huge plus for the sweaty summer months.  It also features adjustable cant and most of the normal fun features.  I was a bit hesitant about the single clip design, but it is very sturdy because the suede backing helps hold up the weight- this will be fine with a smaller gun like the Shield.  I wear it with both a desantis econobelt and normal cheap leather belt, both work fine.  Price is very reasonable for all the features.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the DeSantis Intruder.  The holster is ok, wearing the chunk of leather was just uncomfortable for me.

I ended up with the C-Force from El Paso Saddlery.  The single belt loop is offset and comfortable even with appendix carry.  Experimenting I found it works well for pocket carry also.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-78-21-c-force-covert-force-holster.aspx
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I use this holster for my shield all day, every day. I wear it at the 3:00 position. VERY comfortable. It was made by a member here. He has other colors to choose from also. I'll shoot you an IM with the details if interested.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top