Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2013 12:05:55 PM EDT
I've been using one of their holsters for my Walther PPQ for the past year. It's a quality piece of gear. However the IWB J hooks have broken twice on me. I ordered a replacement pair a few months ago and now they are breaking. But now their website is even more confusing than it used to be and that's saying a lot. The order form page is just a bunch of rambling nonsense about some contest but I can't find anyway to actually place an order. And I can't find any explanation as to whether they have halted production or anything. Anyone have any info as to wtf is going on?  I'm also curious as to whether clips from Raven Concealment or anyone else would be compatible.

Grammar nazis will have a stroke
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad somebody else saw this.  I looked at the site this morning and decided whoever runs that company has gone around the bend.  As you say, it was tough to navigate before, but now is impossible.  That's a shame, because I like the two products that I managed to order from them.  Even then, though, there seemed to be some kind of disorganized and / or nutty person at the wheel.

Personally, I'm done with them.  It is a holster, not a heart pump, so get over your pompous self and make it easy to buy or I am quickly going down the electromagnetic road with my money.

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Websites are like 1911's.  Everybody and their brother thinks they know how to build one.  About one in ten actually pull it off.  It took me ten minutes just to figure out what he's selling.  I have no idea how to order one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Crown holsters site is easy to use and order from.
I've been carry an XDm  in one for about 8 months and like it a lot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm glad somebody else saw this.  I looked at the site this morning and decided whoever runs that company has gone around the bend.  As you say, it was tough to navigate before, but now is impossible.  That's a shame, because I like the two products that I managed to order from them.  Even then, though, there seemed to be some kind of disorganized and / or nutty person at the wheel.

Personally, I'm done with them.  It is a holster, not a heart pump, so get over your pompous self and make it easy to buy or I am quickly going down the electromagnetic road with my money.

Lol seriously. It reads like the person just snapped. They seem to get pretty defensive of any types of criticism.

If I didn't need new hooks, I wouldn't deal with them anymore. But I'm guessing I'll need to replace them yearly based on experience up till now. Hate to scrap a $90 holster because I can't find the replacement parts.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Ladies and gentlemen, these questions are carefully chosen for specific reasons. Yes, some of them are geared to be easy for a certain community and hard for others. But that is why the questions will focus solely on certain subjects. If you do not wish to do due dilligence, then wait when the questions seem easiser for you. We don't give "I SHOWED UP MEDALS" here.

This text, from the Kaluban Cloak web site, sounds like one of Col. Kurtz's radio broadcasts from the jungle after his "methods became unsound."
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a thread on another site regarding their holsters. A few people complained about poor customer service and the general non responsiveness of the "staff" of the company. The owner showed up on the thread and started arguing with guys who were .mil and LEO about how their titles didn't mean anything to him and that he ran his business the way he wanted etc.

I crossed that asshat off the list. There are too many good kydex makers out there to bother with the screwball element.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm also curious as to whether clips from Raven Concealment or anyone else would be compatible.
View Quote

I've had pretty good luck playing mix and match, even to the point of putting a couple of clips from a Crossbreed holster on my Kaluban Cloak holster for a PPS.

I imagine this news would make the head of the demented owner of Kaluban Cloak detonate, but we have to make do.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Just check their rating with the BBB. They make a decent product but are a garbage company. I had waited triple the wait time (this was years ago when he was saying order from me so you don't have to wait for raven etc.) and the guy kept saying that he was sending my holster etc then it wouldn't show up etc. Finally he sent me one for the wrong hand draw, wrong gun, wrong cant set up, etc. He then blamed me and said I had to pay to send it back and then after getting it back he'd refund the shipping back cost and make me a new one. Upon him receiving it, he refunded all my funds and said "you're an unreasonable person and I will not make your correct holster". I blasted the douche and reported them to the local small business association and better business borough. Too many better makers out there that aren't complete assholes to even consider anything made by calculated sentience.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a holster and mag carriers that I got from them years ago. The j hooks have always been crap so I never used them. Everything else has been good though. When I spoke to the guy over the phone it sounded like English may have been a second language for him or maybe he just had a thick accent. I've gone all raven for kydex since then but still use his stuff occasionally. The website is horrible now and it was always bad.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've had pretty good luck playing mix and match, even to the point of putting a couple of clips from a Crossbreed holster on my Kaluban Cloak holster for a PPS.

I imagine this news would make the head of the demented owner of Kaluban Cloak detonate, but we have to make do.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm also curious as to whether clips from Raven Concealment or anyone else would be compatible.

Awesome. Thanks . I think I'll order some soft loops from Raven and see if that works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top