Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2013 7:28:42 AM EDT
I'm looking to pick one of these up, but am having a hard time deciding what gun I want to get it for. My choices are: g19, g30, or 5" 1911. I can only afford one holster right now. I can and do carry all three of these guns equally.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at these. Especially nice with the NRA member discount.

I wasn't thrilled about the wait times. So I looked into other holsters.I went with an in stock Galco King Tuk.

Don't regret my decision at all. Very comfortable, even when driving. No regrets.

I am going to place and order for a crossbreed for my m&p. Just to see what the differences are.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking at these. Especially nice with the NRA member discount.

I wasn't thrilled about the wait times. So I looked into other holsters.I went with an in stock Galco King Tuk.

Don't regret my decision at all. Very comfortable, even when driving. No regrets.

I am going to place and order for a crossbreed for my m&p. Just to see what the differences are.

Yes, those galco's are very nice as well. They look very similar to the crossbreed. Unfortunately the galco is sold out though and they don't have a discount.

I think I am leaning towards carrying my glock 19 because its thinner than my glock 30 albeit a little longer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I buy the holster for the pistol, not the pistol for a holster... maybe I'm weird.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with the G19. It's too bad your other Glock is a .45 caliber. The crossbreed holster fit for a G19 will also work for the G17, G22, G23, G26 & G27 because they are all the same width.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Personally, I buy the holster for the pistol, not the pistol for a holster... maybe I'm weird.

I already have the pistols and am trying to find which one I want to buy a holster for.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already have the pistols and am trying to find which one I want to buy a holster for.

Ah... I do see that now (after the better part of a large Scotch.  Does that mean something?)

Which is your favorite carry gun?  Even though you carry them all, which is your favorite or do you think would be easier to conceal?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Me thinks this is a "What gun/caliber is best for  me to CCW" question in disguise. Clever. I played.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah... I do see that now (after the better part of a large Scotch.  Does that mean something?)

Which is your favorite carry gun?  Even though you carry them all, which is your favorite or do you think would be easier to conceal?

This is the hard part I'm having, I like the g30 but it's like a brick. I like the g19 because it's thin but is longer than the g30. The 1911 is great because it's thin but is a lot heavier. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what people's opinions are on these guns in crossbreed holsters. I want to get the one that is the best and easiest concealed. Will the g19 be too long? Will the g30's thickness be too much and noticeable? I am 5'11 and weigh 160 lbs so its sometimes difficult to conceal things.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Me thinks this is a "What gun/caliber is best for  me to CCW" question in disguise. Clever. I played.

No it's really not. I am completely confident in all three of these guns and their calibers. I like the .45 best but have no lack of confidence in carrying a 9mm. All three guns have been 100% reliable as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Only speaking from personal experience but I would go with the G19 for the crossbreed. I have the super tuck from them for my G17/G19 and love it. For an EDC the 19 is IMHO the best bang for your buck.

Since you mentioned money is an issue you may want to check out their second hand site, especially for the 1911. They normally carry quite a few for 1911 that are in good shape.

Crossbreed Seconds
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
What is this NRA discount you speak of?  I just received one that I ordered, but didn't know of such a thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd get a Theis holster.  Pretty much the same product and quality but without the goofy Celtic crosses on the clips.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, if you like the Crossbreed, I'd suggest you get one that will fit the most number of your pistols. If that's not possible, I'd suggest you get one holster for the gun you CCW the most.

Take a look at Crossbreed Seconds... it's Crossbreed's holster site of holsters they have in stock NOW and the prices are usually lower... cash only though...

I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Tommy Theis holster... both very similar.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I got the "seconds" for my g19 and g30...

BTW my EDC carry is the G30

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top