Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2004 11:42:07 AM EDT
Hi folks,
    I'm looking for a good CCW shoulder rig for a Glock 19.  I'd prefer leather, horizontal carry, and 2 mags on the strong side.  I think I have it narrowed down to the Galco Miami Classic or the Bianchi X16.  Does anybody have experience with either rig?

Thanks,
fiz
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Er...anybody?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have limited experience with the Galco rig.  Overall fit/finish of Galco gear is pretty fair.

I would choose it over the DeSantis.  If I had to carry a shoulder rig, that is.

BTW, how's the weather up there??  Anything going on, shooting wise??
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have limited experience with the Galco rig.  Overall fit/finish of Galco gear is pretty fair.

I would choose it over the DeSantis.  If I had to carry a shoulder rig, that is.

BTW, how's the weather up there??  Anything going on, shooting wise??

Thanks for the input, mcgrubbs.  It's pretty nice up here, a little cool and cloudy today.  I had the week off, so I hit the range a couple days.  It was a little scary; lots of once-a-year shooters doing clever stuff like shooting pop cans at a 45 degree downward angle.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a Lou Alessi bodyguard like this one I just got for my P7M8.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about a Lou Alessi bodyguard like this one I just got for my P7M8.

Yeah, the more I read, the more I hear about this holster...it looks like this might be the one to get.  Do you like the pull-through snap?  I hear he was working on making one with the Glock trigger in mind.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]
The pull through snap really works great and makes this holster setup very trim, but also very secure.
For the Glock, I think Lou has incorporated a pull through snap at the back of the slide.

Either way, this is the nicest and most confortable shoulder holster I have ever used, I wear it high for minimal movement, and removed the mag carrier tie down as it's not needed for high carry.

Forget the Galgo rigs when compared to this one, my previous favorite rig was a customized Jackass Galco which had replaced the  upper straps with wider flared ones to better distribute the weight, and a trimmer dual mag carrier similar to Lou's design, and no tie downs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered the Bodyguard from RFHolsters.com ($135).  Not much more than the other two I was considering, and I get the impression it is far superior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top