Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2011 1:42:05 PM EDT
I'm looking for a light similar to this, preferably smaller and LED.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2201/img8147cq.jpg

Now, I've looked at both surefire and stinger, and found some nice ones.

There's one major problem though, I only want one that has a side button like this light. A Tail cap activated light won't work for me. And preferably with temporary activation (hold it lightly to keep it on).

Suggestions appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
A Streamlight Stinger sound like it would fit the bill. I think Pelican has some side button models.

ETA: I recently purchased a Stinger LED DS HP and have been very happy with the performance. Its a 200 lumen LED with a tight beam and both a side switch and a tail switch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of Streamlight  Stylus Pro pen lights that we get from work that I carry on my person.

Very small and very bright for their size...I think 45 lumens (don't quote me) form an LED.

Made from aluminum, and very well built.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't recommend just one as there are so many that would fit the bill. If you want to shop around go to GoingGear.com and have a look around. This is who I use to fill all of my lighting needs. They have over 300 flashlights. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I was an avid Surefire fan for years and still own several.  I have since switched as I think Surefire was slow to accept the LED technology.  4sevens is a brand I ran across, and I am hooked.  Size and brightness are unmatched in my opinion!
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If you got the coin LX2 Lumamax by Surefire.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was an avid Surefire fan for years and still own several.  I have since switched as I think Surefire was slow to accept the LED technology.  4sevens is a brand I ran across, and I am hooked.  Size and brightness are unmatched in my opinion!

After spending much $$$$ with Surefire over the past decade, I too, have switched to 4sevens lights.  My Quark Tactical 123 and my Fenix PD20, both bought from 4sevens are my EDCs.  But, the ones I've seen don't fit your requirement of having a button on the side.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top