Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2004 7:05:30 PM EDT
I was in Bi-Mart the other day with my buddy and he picked up some UMC for cheap in a bulk pack for his 9. They didn't have any for my plinker, my 686. Do any of the big sporting chains/ammo mfgs sell/offer bulk .38's?
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw .38 at wally world (Wal-Mart) on Friday ... it was a 100 round value pack of WWB.
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw .38 at wally world (Wal-Mart) on Friday ... it was a 100 round value pack of WWB.

I bought one the other day, 130gr FMJ, for $16, and they had the new Remington UMC 100 rd JHP for about $18.  

Brian
Link Posted: 7/12/2004 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought you guys might say that. The nearest Wal-Mart is an hours drive from here. What's worse is that it's in the opposite direction of my shooting spot. Not what you'd call convenient.
Link Posted: 7/13/2004 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind buying online, Cheaper Than Dirt often has UMC 38spc 130gr FMJ on sale for $6/50. It's $7/50 right now, but it always goes on sale at least twice a year. It's great for plinking.
Link Posted: 7/13/2004 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I thought you guys might say that. The nearest Wal-Mart is an hours drive from here. What's worse is that it's in the opposite direction of my shooting spot. Not what you'd call convenient.hr

shotgun,
  I don't know where you are in OR, but if you have a GI Joe's near by you might want to look there, I know they sell guns so they should have ammo.  Another option would be to check out Outdoor Marksmen, if you live near Salem you can just vist them, if not the shipping time in state wouldn't be too bad.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Outdoor marksmen are GREAT!!

I've always picked up my ammo from them (actually from Miwall, the distributor)

they hit almost every gun show on the west coast and out to Idaho and nevada.

awsome people, and they haggle sometimes too!

-Jason
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Do these guys sell factory or reloads?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#8]
The best deal on plinking .38's I've found is Matthews Police Supply...he sells reloaded .38's on gunbroker.com

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=21836643

Out of 1000 of these .38's, I had ONE with the bullet seated backwards. For less than $100/1000 shipped, I can live with that. He's great to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top