Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2009 10:48:28 AM EDT
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ordered 2000 rounds of ammunition from Georgia Arms back in March. This week they sent me 500 rounds and stated that was what they were limiting each customer. First, they should have either told me this either when I ordered the rounds or before they shipped the rounds. The problem is I ordered that many for several friends so that we could save on shipping. It cost me .03 cents more for each round this way which comes out $15 dollars more per 500 rounds. I called them and they said tuff luck, I am stuck with the shells at this price. I told them I would not be a returning customer. Craig
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
What exactly did you order? I have not seen anywhere on their website as to a limit.

I noticed quite a few of their can deals are out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about your problem with Georgia Arms.

Sounds like something Ammoman would do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your problem with Georgia Arms.

Sounds like something Ammoman would do.

Except Ammoman doesn't charge extra for shipping... it is included.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ordered 2000 rounds of ammunition from Georgia Arms back in March. This week they sent me 500 rounds and stated that was what they were limiting each customer. First, they should have either told me this either when I ordered the rounds or before they shipped the rounds. The problem is I ordered that many for several friends so that we could save on shipping. It cost me .03 cents more for each round this way which comes out $15 dollars more per 500 rounds. I called them and they said tuff luck, I am stuck with the shells at this price. I told them I would not be a returning customer. Craig

Contact you VIsa/MC and file a complaint and see if you can get the $15 charged back.

FB
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
+ 1 , don't get mad get even.
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contact you VIsa/MC and file a complaint and see if you can get the $15 charged back.

FB

Link Posted: 5/17/2009 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I had an annoying experience with them last year. I ordered some .308 that was "in stock". When I hadn't heard back from them after a week or so, I saw that they had changed it to out of stock. After a month of weekly emails saying "the machine will be back up in a few days," I cancelled my order and went elsewhere. At least they didn't charge my card! I don't think they're crooks, I just doesn't seem like they think too hard about the customer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#9]
You should definitely dispute the additional cost with your CC company.

When they accept an order, they are agreeing to sell you that amount, unless something happens like they run out of stock, something is backordered, they made a mistake in price, etc.  What you are saying seems to indicate they just decided to sell what they promised you to somebody else.  That's breach of contract.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Been there. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them also, but it's been close to 2 months now for 200 rnds of .38 special.
I called to check on the status and got a not all together friendly girl. Hopefully I'll get the order but either way, fuck 'em from now on.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
remember who fu.... you during the excitement .dont ever forget .i predict ctd  the co, will be sold at the courhhouse steps for o well ctd>>>>>>>>>
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Wha . . huh?

E-95
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Call your CC company, tell them the order was filled wrong, you were over charged and you don't want any of the order and to take the charges off your card.  Call GA and tell them you only purchase in 2k round lots and they can send UPS for the partial, and incorrect, order.

When someone behaves like an asshole, they deserve it back in spades.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Those GA people are nit friendly at all. They cant like their reloads are worth the same as factory ammo. Just for their attitude and poor customer service they get zero of my Biz.

223SAINT
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those GA people are nit friendly at all. They cant like their reloads are worth the same as factory ammo. Just for their attitude and poor customer service they get zero of my Biz.

223SAINT

Huh? No Comprende ramblin?
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I've ordered many times from GA Arms, no complaints here. Good people every time I talk to them. Recently though they're having a hard time getting the brass to reload, and in order to get ammo to everyone who ordered they have to ship partial orders. Though I was still charged their Nov. 2008 prices when they shipped part of my order Apr. 2009.

+1 for Georgia Arms.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I've dealt with them several times with no problems.I ordered 1000 rds of 45acp in Feb and got it in April with no problems.Sorry to hear about your experience.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

223SAINT

Huh? No Comprende ramblin?

Don't hold it against him,He's from Florida.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#19]
People complain about those buying thousands of rds of ammo saying they are hoarding andkeeping others from being able to buy ammo. Gerorgia Arms is limiting ammo so others have a chance to order. No different than some other retailers
They charged you for exactly what they sent you. Why the complaining on different gun forums? Be glad you got any, many have nothing
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

People complain about those buying thousands of rds of ammo saying they are hoarding andkeeping others from being able to buy ammo. Gerorgia Arms is limiting ammo so others have a chance to order. No different than some other retailers

They charged you for exactly what they sent you. Why the complaining on different gun forums? Be glad you got any, many have nothing

First, it's none of GA's business what the end user is doing with it.  Shooting, hoarding, giving away or using it as a suppository, it's none of their business.
If they want to limit how much an individual can buy that's fine, their business, their rules.  But it's not fine when they accept the order for 2000 at a set price, then send a partial order out and inform him that the rest won't be coming without a higher price.  That is bullshit and it's probably illegal to boot.  You inform your customer up front, hopefully at the time the order was placed but certainly BEFORE his card is charged and the order sent.  
That kind of bullshit should not be tolerated.  I'd make them send UPS for the partial order and eat shipping costs both ways. I'd rather have nothing than a surprise screwing.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 2:32:43 AM EDT
[#21]
You make no sense, what do you mean they accepted his order?
He sent it in and they sent/charged him what he paid for ? Big deal, waaaa. Good thing you arent a lawyer, thats far from ileagal
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I tell you what drives me crazy about GA arms. If you go to their web site, it will say that they are out of just about everything, but if you go to the local gun show, they will have some of everything.  This tells me that they spend all week reloading for the show and not people with web orders.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He sent it in and they sent/charged him what he paid for ? Big deal, waaaa. Good thing you arent a lawyer, thats far from ileagal

Say you hired a guy to paint your house at a price that was agreeable to you both.

He paints 25% of you house and bills you only for the portion he painted.

He informs you that he has raised his prices since speaking to you last and it will now cost you more per room to complete your job.

No problem right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say you hired a guy to paint your house at a price that was agreeable to you both.

He informs you that he has raised his prices since speaking to you last and it will now cost you more per room to complete your job.

No problem right?

Makes no sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with this post. He placed the order, Georgia Arms did not accept it. They accepted part of his order.  Besides my house has vinyl siding
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem right?

Makes no sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with this post. He placed the order, Georgia Arms did not accept it. They accepted part of his order.  Besides my house has vinyl siding

Maybe a better example would be:

Guy comes to paint your house. You guys agree on $500, included in this is a $50 travel fee for him to come out.

So now he comes out and paints 25% of the house. So he charges you $125+50 fee.

Now he says that each trip he'll only paint 25% and you still have to pay the fee every time.

Now you're out an extra $150 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem right?

Maybe a better example would be:

Guy comes to paint your house. You guys agree on $500, included in this is a $50 travel fee for him to come out.

So now he comes out and paints 25% of the house. So he charges you $125+50 fee.

Now he says that each trip he'll only paint 25% and you still have to pay the fee every time.

Now you're out an extra $150 bucks.

You said it better but the idea is the same.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Not the same at all. Georgia Arms agreed to nothing. They charged exactly for the ammo they sent him, nothing more, nothing less .Whats so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not the same at all. Georgia Arms agreed to nothing. They charged exactly for the ammo they sent him, nothing more, nothing less .Whats so hard to understand?

This guy just doesnt get it, and you will never convince him that 3 + 1 = 4 and that 2+1 + 2+1 doesnt equal 4. right is right, wrong is wrong. they screwed him on shipping. if they have a limit it should only alow you to order that much, or be clearly posted.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Who cares really....Georgia Arms is way too overpriced especially for Reloads.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#30]
agreed
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Go take a year of contract law, then come back and tell me I'm wrong.

Maybe you'll get it if I exaggerate the problem?  Let's say there's a company that charges $20 shipping no matter how much you order.  So you order 5 cases of 9mm at $200/each, for a total of $1020, or $10.20/box.  Then WITH NO NOTICE you get charged for just one box at $10, and still get hit with the same $20 shipping charge.  So you just paid $30 for one box of 9mm.  Seem fair?

A vendor can't change quantities on an order any more than it can change the price, without getting permission from the buyer first.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#32]
"A vendor can't change quantities on an order "

Whos says?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#33]
The OP has posted the exact same complaint on other forums.
Georgia Arms replied with a explanation, here is a copy of GA post:

Several of our customers made us aware of this post about our customer service and we wanted to address this issue. We at Georgia Arms always do our best to offer great customer service. Having said that, the last year or so, the demand for ammunition and our customer service has been so great that we are just dazed!! We have gone from entering 50 to100 orders a day to working 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are 15,000 orders behind. We have hired 5 new personal (all our office will hold), we have upgraded phone systems and we actually work around the clock answering emails and processing orders to try to compensate. Customers calling to check the status of their order takes up about 95% of our time limiting the amount of personal time we should be spending with each customer. For this we are sorry! The biggest issue we are having is acquiring components. As we estimate delivery time of specific items we use information given to us by our vendors which makes it really difficult because the customers want to know where there orders are. We were told in October that we would receive our 9mm projectiles in the middle of November and they should be the same price as usual. We took orders based on that information not knowing that it was going to take 4 months before we received half of them and that they were at a higher price. By this time we had received orders for 5 million rounds and only received 1.2 million projectiles. We could not have predicted this. We honored the price at order date and rationed them out to try to get everyone a little to hold them until this chaos ceases. Please know that we will make ever effort to improve our customer service and always make a quality product! We have been in the ammunition business for 30 years and have never seen a component shortage or customer demand such as we currently have. Everyone in this industry is in uncharted waters. Please be patient and the situation will resolve itself, we just don’t know when that will be. Many thanks to our loyal customers who have always supported us and continue to do so! Georgia Arms
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"A vendor can't change quantities on an order "

Whos says?

Ok, I tried to be nice...I can't tell if you're trying to be silly or if it comes naturally.  You took the first part of my sentence.  You ignored the comma, and the second part of my sentence.

Let's start with this.  Let's say he ordered ONE case of ammo.  Could a vendor charge him for and ship him a HUNDRED cases of ammo?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
rationing is just stupid, Fill the orders as they came in, first come, first serve. what is better. 250 completed orders, 250 non completed or 500 partially completed orders. I would rater have 250 happy customers than 500 holding thier hands in the air saying what the F.  Its retarted to fill half orders to give ammo to the next guy in line.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#37]
My boss just told ke he received a call today about an order he placed so long ago he had forgotten about it all together. I believe he said it was for .380 and 9mm. 1k of each. Person on the phone told him they were ready to ship but the price went up. He said he didn't care and to send away

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go take a year of contract law, then come back and tell me I'm wrong.

Maybe you'll get it if I exaggerate the problem?  Let's say there's a company that charges $20 shipping no matter how much you order.  So you order 5 cases of 9mm at $200/each, for a total of $1020, or $10.20/box.  Then WITH NO NOTICE you get charged for just one box at $10, and still get hit with the same $20 shipping charge.  So you just paid $30 for one box of 9mm.  Seem fair?

A vendor can't change quantities on an order any more than it can change the price, without getting permission from the buyer first.

This man has it correct. You got exactly what you paid for.....how is that a problem. There is nothing a court of law would do for you and I doubt your CC company will do anything either.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I tell you what drives me crazy about GA arms. If you go to their web site, it will say that they are out of just about everything, but if you go to the local gun show, they will have some of everything.  This tells me that they spend all week reloading for the show and not people with web orders.

They are not the only ones that do that.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Suddenly everyone is a retail lawyer and everyone is 'special'.

Cut Georgia Arms some slack.  These are highly unusual times for ammunition sellers and they are trying to run their business in a reasonable way and that involves hiring and training so expect some growing pains and some policy decisions you may not agree are optimal.  You are free to cancel your order at any time so please just do so and spare us all of this whining.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Suddenly everyone is a retail lawyer and everyone is 'special'.

Cut Georgia Arms some slack.  These are highly unusual times for ammunition sellers and they are trying to run their business in a reasonable way and that involves hiring and training so expect some growing pains and some policy decisions you may not agree are optimal.  You are free to cancel your order at any time so please just do so and spare us all of this whining.

Wow, someone who actually has some common sense
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top