Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2008 6:56:29 AM EDT
I have a box of 49rds (took one out for my collection)of WW 41 LC ammo,I will describe the packaging which is not in good shape,can someone tell me what it is worth? TIA.

white cardboard box,no stryofoam or plastic insert,rounds just stacked in inner box like .22 rds.
winchester western
.41 Long Colt
200 GR Luba(cant read the rest,box torn)
ammo looks great shape,bullets appear copper plated.

MidwayUSA only list's one 41LC ammo at $80/50 ct box,just wondering if this anything special.Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The simple, .22 style, box was pretty standard for pistol ammo for a long time. I have several boxes from the 60's and 70's that are exactly like that.
.41LC is an obsolete caliber and somewhat collectible. I wouldn't venture a guess as to value since it isn't my area of collecting, but I am reasonably certain you would never get $80 for your box. Maybe half that.
If you really want to get rid of it, post it with some pictures here on the EE. There could be someone on the boards who still has a gun in that caliber.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The box you have was made in the 1970's I believe. A man contracted with Winchester to make one million smokeless rounds. DO NOT shoot these in a blackpowder era revolver or anything made before 1905 to be safe!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys,this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top