Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 7:08:08 PM EDT
What is the stronget 40 S&W Load? Are there any really hot loads that bring it ballistically close to the 10mm? Now that I have a 40 barrel for my Sig, I am going to take that with me hunting as my backup, and would like a hot, effective load.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory or Handloads?

I am not aware of any factory loads that come close to the true 10mm powerhouse loads. There were some 10mm loads that were cut down to almost .40SW loadings, but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

I carry my G22 while hunting and just keep the same load that I normally have in it. I prefer the 165gr Gold Dots over the rest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top