Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 2:02:36 PM EDT
Im looking for some cheap plinking ammo and was wondering what everyone can reccomend.  I see Wolf makes some, and also a company called Lancer.  Id really like to get about 500 rounds of SWC and then some sort of HP.  Not too interested in FMJ rounds.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
all I've shot is fmj, but pmc and cci blazer are both cheap and good quality. if they make ammo with other bullet types for around the same price I would expect the same quality
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf ammunition?? gawd, be sure to get a gas mask along with any ammo you purchase....it literally STINKS and the second shot can't be made until the smoke from the first clears <grin>  
I use FMJ in my Kimber .45 ACPs. 230 grains. If you enjoy cleaning the gun, shoot the lead ball variety without the metal jackets. If you have someone who reloads, see if you can have them work up a load for you....some loads I have shot were like a cap gun, others had a pretty hefty kick.
One of the local sporting goods stores (Dick's)is advertising a special on 150 rounds of Ultramax for about $30.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI, Natchezss has a pretty good deal.  Im thinking of picking up a couple of boxes of Win Gov 230gr JHP for $13.57 ea for brass that i can reload, and then they also have Blazer 230gr FMJ for $7.80.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top