Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:36:31 AM EDT
I some questions about this ammo. I found this at a shop going out of business and was trying to find some information  about it. I went to Remingtons website and couldnt find the exact same model number. Their model number is GS45APB and the one I have is GS45APBG. I didnt know if the ammo I purchased was older and not made anymore. Is it bonded? The box says Golden Saber 45 auto 230 gr Brass Jacketed Hollow PT Government Specification. There is 25 rds a box and 20 boxes in the case. I got it for $13 a box. I thought it was a decent deal. Is this stuff any good? thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a box of that last week.  I paid $18 for a box of 25...so you got a great deal on it.

I would like to know some info on it also....it was the only .45acp "Self defense" ammo that my gun store had.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC this ammunition was an overstock intended for some distributor.
they aren't bonded - i got mine for $13 a box on closeout..you did good

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny...  I was curious too on the Golden Sabres, specifically on the 9mm 147gr. IIRC they are considered 1st gen and not as good as corbons.

Picked up a box for my bud who just got his ccsw and wanted to make sure he had something decent and was not using ball, he is a newb.

I paid $22
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Gov't Spec probably refers to the fact that its the ammo the FBI HRT carries in their Springfield 1911's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top