Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 3:41:54 PM EDT
I tested a new one of these the other day and thought I would post a pic.
Was very unscientific by most standards, but has worked for me over the years.
Test medium was gallon milk and gatorade jugs full of water and 2 layers of denim in front. Test gun was an H&K USP 45. Round to the right is the Taurus. Round to the left is a 230 gr Winchster SXT for comparison.
The Taurus had GREAT expansion, but not much penetration at all. Since I dont like shallow pentrating rounds, this one isnt high on my list. For some reason, the bullet itself feels lighter to me than a lead core 185 gr round. Anyway, here are a couple of pics.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
ever done that with a Gold dot ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, quite a few. I need to get more pics of them all. I have been doing this with bullets for over 10 years. I have a "few" tested ones.
Most recent Gold Dots were a 200 and 230 gr, both +P. Both were excellent. I carry the 230's in my USP 45 via Pro Load, and 200's in my USP 45C. Will try to dig them out and get some pics up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top