Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:55:45 PM EDT
None of the factory sites have the standard msrp for per box other than winchester which they are are listing all of their cartidges at 30+ which if thats the price they are Im not going to get a revolver, I only use FMJ for target practice so I was wondering how much the average price is going to be and how much for FMJ in .38 special. Also If anyone knew the price for Federal Hydrashoks which I noticed they make in .357 and what is highest grainage like 9mm is 147gr
and 45acp is 230gr
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I like American Eagle .357 (158 gr) for woods carry and a little more oomph at the range.  They are around $15 for a box of 50 in my area.  Wallyworld valupacks (100 rounds) are 16.67 for .38 special here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
as i have said in other posts i shop only at natchez for my ammo needs online.  all i ever buy at wally world is the .22lr bulk packs.  that being said here are the cheapest jacketed rounds you can get:
federal .38spl fmj 8.54/50
umc .38spl fmj 7.69/50
blazer .357mag jhp 10.05/50--or if you buy 10+ boxes they are 9.54 each
umc .357mag jsp 9.99/50

unless you reload the blazer is a great deal.  otherwise it is useless as you can't reload the aluminum cases.  but as far as the price difference between the blazer and the umc for the .357mag i would spend the extra few cents on the blazer as it is better quality and cleaner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
None of the factory sites have the standard msrp for per box other than winchester which they are are listing all of their cartidges at 30+ which if thats the price they are Im not going to get a revolver, I only use FMJ for target practice so I was wondering how much the average price is going to be and how much for FMJ in .38 special. Also If anyone knew the price for Federal Hydrashoks which I noticed they make in .357 and what is highest grainage like 9mm is 147gr
and 45acp is 230gr

.357mag Hydra-Shoks are available in 158gr. Premium Hydra-Shok and 135gr. Personal Defense.

check out the Natchez link or Cheaper Than Dirt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top