Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:32:48 AM EDT
I've been using this ammo quite alot, as it's cheap at wallyworld, and It seems like it really is pretty clean...I have a Smith and Wesson mod. 15 .38 revolver that seems to work excellent....The problem I have is just about every box of ammo I get from winchester seems to have one "dud" in it. That is it has a primer strike on it, but no BOOM. It's kindof a hairy experience pulling a round out of the revolver that still has the bullet intact, and the primer has a pretty good dent in it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!  PS I have had this gun checked out by a gunsmith, and it doesn't seem to have any problems....the firing pin extends about 1/8th of an inch into the cylinder area...I don't think it's the gun. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to correct something....the firing pin extends into the chamber area about 1/16th of an inch...I just re-measured it with calipers...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
None of you dipshits know huh? BTT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The lead free primers used in Winclean are not stable and don't have a long shelf life.

link to a thread in packing dot org

google your way to this: "The Winchester rep told me that he did not recommend it due to the short shelf life of the non-lead based primers."
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot for the info, and link..I found it to be very informative.....I don't think I'll be using it again!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#5]
No need to stop using it for range ammo if the price is right. Obviously not intended for self defense ammo.
Winchester should put a Born on Date, or a Use By Date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top