Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 12:31:38 PM EDT
I was going through some cartons in my closet , and found a couple boxes of .357 Mag.

Federal 158gr JHP - nickel cases- #357E

Over the years , I have moved several times , and put things in commercial storage for
varying time periods.
So this ammo has certainly been exposed to winter AND summer temps. , not to mention
widely varying humidity.

Box looks normal just a bit tattered , ammo is clean - still looks like new.

Judging by other items in the carton with it , I bought this ammo in the early 1980s ( maybe 1983 )
So , is it still safe to shoot - would you ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
dont forget about all of the 'surplus' ammo for sale at discounted prices from mail order catalogs n stuff.. The pressures MAY be a little higher, but nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't see why not.  I had some that was given to me from the late 70's that were from a house with no AC.  I had a couple rounds that sounded half full.  had 1 split second hangfire.  but I would say go for it.  You do have a wheel gun right?  not a deagle?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top