Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 2:08:11 PM EDT
This is what I used to use in my carry weapon....but I've finally run out of stock. What is the best place/price to pick up some now?

TNX in advance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is what I used to use in my carry weapon....but I've finally run out of stock. What is the best place/price to pick up some now?

TNX in advance.

I found some here...anyone have any experience wih these guys?

www.lg-outdoors.com/detail/3933.asp

Winchester's Silvertip Handgun ammunition remains one of the most dependable and performance-proven handgun cartridges ever created. Originally developed for Law Enforcement to replace traditional hollow point bullets, Super-X Silvertip handgun ammunition continues to offer a unique combination of power, precision, reliable functioning, and on-target performance via a specially engineered jacketed bullet. This bullet delivers optimum penetration and rapid energy release with virtually no weight loss or bullet fragmentation.

Symbol: X45ASHP2
Caliber: 45 Automatic
Bullet Weight: 185 Grains
Bullet Type: Silvertip Hollow Point
User Guide: Personal Protection

Test Barrel Length: 5"

Velocity (Feet Per Second):
- Muzzle: 1000
- 50yds: 938
- 100yds: 888

Energy (Foot Pounds):
- Muzzle: 411
- 50yds: 362
- 100yds: 324

Mid-Range Trajectory:
- 50yds: 1.2"
- 100yds: 4.9"

Size / Style: Super X 185 Gr. STHP (Per 20)
Mfg No: X45ASHP2
Manufacturer: Winchester Ammo
Web site: www.winchester.com
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
most major sporting good stores carry these.. i know some of the "Mart" stores stock them as well.
i've personally tested the 185gr. Silvertip outta my 1911 using soaking wet newspapers.
without any clothing covering the paper it penetrated between 9"-11" and expanded to about .70-.75"
with a layer consisting of  a t-shrt, flannel and one layer of denim it penetrated between 12-13" and expanded to .66-.70" diameter.
good all around .45 cartridge
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
most major sporting good stores carry these.. i know some of the "Mart" stores stock them as well.
i've personally tested the 185gr. Silvertip outta my 1911 using soaking wet newspapers.
without any clothing covering the paper it penetrated between 9"-11" and expanded to about .70-.75"
with a layer consisting of  a t-shrt, flannel and one layer of denim it penetrated between 12-13" and expanded to .66-.70" diameter.
good all around .45 cartridge

Yeah...I've used it in my carry sidearm for years.....and used to buy them at WalMart, but lately..everytime  I asked....No go...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top