Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 6:37:05 PM EDT
I bought some of these to shoot indoors, they are very quiet and accurate out of my 10/22.  They sound like a powerful co2 airgun.  Only negative seems to be they are the dirtiest rounds i have ever seen...
Anyways, my question is would this still be considered discharging a firearm in city limits??  maybe some type of endagerment charge too...  My homeade backstop is far more than sufficient.  
Probably a stupid question, they still use gunpowder..........
What about those rounds, uhhh, they start with an A, aquilla??  something like that.  I believe they use no gunpowder.  Would those be okay?  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a firearm/ your discharging it. Do the math. Of course they have to catch you to charge ya. The Agulia or however they are spelled are similar. Low power/ velocity. The real pain is the hand cyling of autos. they don't even feed right from a magazine.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Its a firearm/ your discharging it. Do the math. Of course they have to catch you to charge ya. The Agulia or however they are spelled are similar. Low power/ velocity. The real pain is the hand cyling of autos. they don't even feed right from a magazine.

Wouldnt be too hard to prove with the backstop, AND my targets and casings all over the place (well in the garbage, and random few that make it under the couch or elsewhere)  
My 10/22 and my browning .22 chamber the cci's just fine through the mag, but yeah, really annoying manually doing it.  But not to bad for being able to shoot it in my apartment...  
Anyone thought about using a very light spring with them???  Just enough spring power to close the bolt on a round.  would that be light enough for the CCIs to cycle?

What about the aguilla ones??  I believe (at least here) that to be considered a firearm it must power a projectile via gunpowder.  Now in Portland OR city limits an airgun is also considered a firearm.  So it does vary.  But would the aguilla being powered by primer alone still be "bad"?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You're thinking about Aguila Super Colibri. It's a 20 grain bullet with no gun powder. You don't need powder to have a firearm. The gun itself was designed to discharge a projectile propelled by gunpowder, and even though there is no powder in Super Colibri, it's still firearm ammo. You are probebly breaking the law, but who is going to catch you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You might be able to get someone to build a gun that would function as a semi auto with CB's but I doubt they will even open the bolt/slide even with the spring removed!

If you think you can outsmart the team of lawyers that wrote your local ordinances, lots of luck.

It probably uses a phrase like 'expanding gases to propel a bullet', which is what a primer is doing. Even if it does not, a friendly judge will probably still rule it as discharging a firearm leaving you with the financial burden to file an appeal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You might be able to get someone to build a gun that would function as a semi auto with CB's but I doubt they will even open the bolt/slide even with the spring removed!

If you think you can outsmart the team of lawyers that wrote your local ordinances, lots of luck.

It probably uses a phrase like 'expanding gases to propel a bullet', which is what a primer is doing. Even if it does not, a friendly judge will probably still rule it as discharging a firearm leaving you with the financial burden to file an appeal.

“Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder and which is readily capable of use as a weapon."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top