Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 8:19:12 AM EDT
What are the major differences in the 45 acp and gap. Price, performance???

Anyone have a preference and why???

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd stick with 45ACP.  The ammo is MUCH more abundant, cheaper and comes in a wider selection.  Nothing wrong with the GAP round, I have friends who love theirs but I don't see anything wrong with the ACP and it's much cheaper to own one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are the major differences in the 45 acp and gap. Price, performance???

Anyone have a preference and why???

Thanks

price and availability. Performance is about the same
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The entire point of the 45 GAP was to mimic the ballistics of the 45 ACP, but doing it with a shorter case and making up for less propelent by having a more advanced (more powerful) propelent.  Same way with how the 308 Winchester was originally designed to mimic the 30.06.

RoseMech
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Gottcha thank you, I was trying to decide between Spfld XD45's. I'll stick with the ACP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]
If I wanted a .45, the GAP would intrigue me, as the large frame GLOCKs are too large for my hands.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I wanted a .45, the GAP would intrigue me, as the large frame GLOCKs are too large for my hands.

That sums up the reason for the GAP, smaller grip sizes.  If you have average to large hands, there's no compelling reason to go to the GAP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Springfield now offers the XD in 45 ACP. Of course they had to wait until 4 months after I got my GAP. Stick with the ACP. Ammo is much more available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top