Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 2:16:05 PM EDT
Found this stuff on GunBroker.  Sounds pretty interesting from the description.

Anyone have experience with em?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That's why I ask before I buy :)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Google around for them, there was a site that tested them in gelatin and the 9mm IQ's penetration was severely inadequate, something in the 4-6" range IIRC.  I have shot a bunch of the .40 IQ's, and I assume that they would hurt like hell if I shot someone with them, but there is no data on them out there and they have a report that is easily twice as loud as normal ammo.  

They are a neat concept, but since I do not shoot through alot of lexan, I cannot prove their claims.

IF they could figure out how to add a chunk of lead to their bullet design they might have something.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
they are a very deep hp, just fill th ehollow point full of lead....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep some for home use in my 9mm Colt.  The 65 grn I.Q. load chronographs at about 1850 fps through the 10.5" barrel.  Recoil is extremely light, and it functions perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Go ahead and try that experiment and we'll wait for the reply...

You'll have to have your mother type it out for you, as your hands will be mangled after that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go ahead and try that experiment and we'll wait for the reply...

You'll have to have your mother type it out for you, as your hands will be mangled after that.

I think you should be the one to prove that it will explode.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:10:47 AM EDT
[#8]
.45acp into a stray dog that needed put down. Very shallow penetration.  It opened up like you wouldn't belive, but only wne in about 6 inches.  Second shot to the head required to finish the job.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
.45acp into a stray dog that needed put down. Very shallow penetration.  It opened up like you wouldn't belive, but only wne in about 6 inches.  Second shot to the head required to finish the job.

have been looking around for various options in the .45acp flavor, and came upon these.

I guess a better question is would they be useful as a defensive rounds in a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought some for my carry piece (Glock 19). The light recoil helps to get back on target fast.  I have since switched to Winchester SXT.

The gunshop I bought it from only sells it to police and military members.  So it must be good!

Smalls
Sgt. of Marines
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
i've experimented with this stuff in wet newspaper.
what i can say is that it works as advertised, similar to a Triton Quick-Shock, has a bright flash and is quite shallow penetrating.
oh yeah and it leaves silver streaks in the rifling that is most difficult to clean
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I have ran 2 boxes of this ammo through my Glock 22, no feeding problems but very loud indeed. I have  a .50 cal ammo can full of if (32 boxes=640 rounds) that I bought at a gun show for ~$50 last year. All of it is mint condition. But I have shot about 60 rounds of Winchester Ranger (RA40T) after that and cleaned the barrel with foaming bore solvent, and the brush that came with my glock and still cannot get that grey crap out. Definate down side to some pretty cool ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top