Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:57:57 AM EDT

I shoot alot of Golden Saber and my biggest complaint is jacket seperation.  Box O' Truth has a good example.  Now they have some that are bonded.  I havn't found any in my area yet.  Anyone tried this stuff out yet?

Thanks,

Shok
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I shoot alot of Golden Saber and my biggest complaint is jacket seperation.  Box O' Truth has a good example.  Now they have some that are bonded.  I havn't found any in my area yet.  Anyone tried this stuff out yet?

Thanks,

Shok

Ok they fixed  it...
::crank yankers:: Yeahhh!::
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe its just me but with so much lead after seperation... isnt the seperation a good thing for another wound channel that is nice and sharply cut with the other channel being a deep driving chunk of lead...?
Anthony
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeaaaaaaaa

They put lipstick on the pig!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So educate me. Whats the big deal if the jacket separates from the core? From the photos it looked to me like the core expanded just fine.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Without weight retention the bullet will be too light to penetrate sufficiently.

Fragmentation is totally ineffective in the range of velocities that a handgun is fired.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It depends on what you start with too…

20% lose:

230gr = 184gr still plowing through.

115gr = 92gr still not too shabby.

And this is assuming there is enough velocity retained to keep on moving.

Still we don’t want the bullet shedding its' weight in his jacket, shirt etc.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeaaaaaaaa

The Sabers actually work very well... I experienced jacket / core seperation on two rounds during a police action shooting. Both rounds lost their jackets after passing through a windshield but maintained accuracy and enough velocity to handle the job... I am curious if they had maintained their jackets (uncommon after passing through auto glass for most ammo) if there would have been any positive or negative effects....???  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeaaaaaaaa

The Sabers actually work very well... I experienced jacket / core seperation on two rounds during a police action shooting. Both rounds lost their jackets after passing through a windshield but maintained accuracy and enough velocity to handle the job... I am curious if they had maintained their jackets (uncommon after passing through auto glass for most ammo) if there would have been any positive or negative effects....???  

Good work MONGO45! And don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

Can you tell use what caliber &weight you were using? Know what angle the bullet hit the windshield at?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Glock 23 with .40sw 165gr sabers... fired two rounds, both struck approx 1/2 inch apart through the heart. First round came to rest 1 inch behind the heart second was up against the spine. I believe the second penatrated deeper because the windshield had already been compromised and took less velocity off the second round. The vehicle was a newer concord and I was in contact with the front bumper. I'm 6'4" so that will give you an idea of the angle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top