Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:02:42 PM EDT
one of these bullets not fire? or any other negative experiance?

Fed Hydra Shock
Fed Tactical
Fed HST
Win Ranger
Speer Gold Dot
Hornady (any)

Thanks for the input...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry the .40 155gr Speer Gold Dots and have fired 500rds so far and have not had one problem what so ever.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
.357 mag gold dots,  shot around 500.  no malfunction, good sealed ammo
.40 hydra shocks,  so far so good, only put 100 thru my glock
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
At my office we have had 1 Fed hydroshock and one speer golddot and one round of win ranger duty ammo not fire, why? who knows, this is over ten years and many k rounds fired, I still trust all of these brands of ammo. And will continue carry any of them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The hydrashock is an outdated design and fails to expand at a greater rate than the other rounds.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The hydrashock is an outdated design and fails to expand at a greater rate than the other rounds.

the hydrashok tested better than any of the other brands in the FBI tests. I have used hydrashoks, Ranger SXTs, and Hornady TAP. They all really mess up watermelons, but I hear the SXTs lose their jackets going through a car door. From what I hear, the regular Rangers are the best but Winchester only sells them to LEO, but on occasion you may come across a box or two. The FBI tests have a lot of good info, I'll see if I can find a link
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the hydrashok tested better than any of the other brands in the FBI tests. I have used hydrashoks, Ranger SXTs, and Hornady TAP. They all really mess up watermelons, but I hear the SXTs lose their jackets going through a car door. From what I hear, the regular Rangers are the best but Winchester only sells them to LEO, but on occasion you may come across a box or two. The FBI tests have a lot of good info, I'll see if I can find a link

Im sure you mean HST and not hydrashock. The hydrashock with the post suck and ARE outdated, but the HST I here perform very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top