Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 4:46:47 PM EDT
Winchester Ranger 9mm +p+  127 GR. SXT through a Browning HP, or a Glock 17/19/26?  

Reason I ask  is the guy at my local shooting range said it was perfectly ok to shoot this hot round through well known guns.  He said do not shoot through "keltechs...etc"???   Anyone disagree, shine light on this?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be fine to shoot in any 9mm. I don't see the reason behind thinking the Keltec couldn't handle it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Great Defensive ammo. I think the Glocks will handle +p or +p+ just fine. The BHP is another issue. Many gunsmiths, particularly Cylinder and Slide don't recommend +p and definitely not +p+ in the BHP. I don't think the manufacturer is so keen on the idea of this ammo in their guns either from what I have read and heard. I know guys who shoot +p and +p+ through their BHP with extra power springs and swear it is no problem, but personally, I'm a little leary of the idea. You could always call browning directly at 800-333-3288.
Try this website:http:
//www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_2_50/ai_112128013/pg_2
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
don't shoot it in the BHP. they will not hold up to alot of +p. keltec is rated for +p. a glock will shoot any 9mm you can find.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
if you go with 147gr rangers it will work in any of your guns and give slightly better performance than the 127 in the area of penetration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top