Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 6:10:20 PM EDT
Anyone used this or have any info on it? How is it compared to T-series? Cost more, worth the difference?

www.precisiondelta.com/winchester/rangertseries.html
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
"Winchester Ranger T-Series Handgun Law Encforcement Ammunition", quoted from linked site.  I think its just Black Talon ammo(if core to jacket bonding IS new for this ammo, then it makes it MUCH better), but if the site can't avoid typos in the title, they don't deserve my money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Winchester Ranger Bonded is a completely different round then Winchester Ranger "T" Series.  They are seperate product lines within the Ranger group of products.  Ranger Bonded is replacing the now discontinued Ranger Partition Gold line.  Although Ranger Bonded has been a cataloged item for well over a year, I believe they are only recently becoming available (even for LE).

Some predict the Bonded line will go the way of the Partition Gold line because of the cost difference compared to the "T" Series.  "T" Series bullets work so well there is little reason to spend more in many cases.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]
never seen the non-bonded ranger come apart.  The ranger T isn't bonded but the jacket is well secured to the lead.

The bonded round might have slightly better windshield penetration, but i was firing ranger T through a windshield about a month ago and all rounds were hitting target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top