Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 9:09:36 PM EDT
I'm over at Ammoman right now looking for some deals and I stumbled across these babies.

40 S/W EXPANDING POINT FMJ
BRAND NEW FROM FEDERAL 165GR.
LEAD CORE WITH SILICONE TIP
BELOW A FULL METAL JACKET
GREAT EXPANSION,
POSITIVE FEEDING

5 BOX MINIMUM
MIX OR MATCH ANYTHING ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE 5 BOX MINIMUM

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

5 BOXES (MIX OR MATCH)
ANY ON WEBSITE

FREE SHIPPING

Part Number #40-0030, 0040, 0050

$19 BOX (50)

WARNING.gif (695 bytes)

$165-500 rounds.

$299-1000 rounds.

I've never seen nor heard of them before.  Anybody had any experience with them?  Seems like the kindof thing OP would probably like to play with.  I think it's a pretty darn sweet idea, personally.  If it works it kindof defeats the whole hollow points getting jammed up in clothing problem (which, yes, I understand is much less of a problem today).
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Took a look on archive.  It seems this topic has not gone undiscussed before.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a great idea that never really worked out the way we would've liked.  Doc Roberts, David Defabio, and Troy have all done proper testing, and all came to the same conclussion.  I believe the pentration and expansion are lacking, and both exceeded by premium JHPs.  However, Marshall has done his own testing, and thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If all else fails, ask the Detroit PD about their problems with this load.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top