Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2017 4:47:57 PM EDT
Any good luck? I bought around 200 rounds and it cycles fine....just concerned about expansion.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The Hi-Shok bullet is designed to fragment, with a portion of the base of the bullet staying together and penetrating.  The XM9001 does around 1240 fps, and it's big brother, the +p+ 9BPLE does around 1280, gun dependent of course.

The 9BPLE has a stellar record, and the FBI kept shooting data on file for years.  The 9BPLE had a 91% one shot stop on the FBI list, and was the best performing 9mm cartridge.  One of the Atlanta counties still issues it, I believe.

If you are looking for a bullet that is bonded, stays together and expands, then the XM9001 is not it.  If you are looking for a big wound channel and a bullet that fragments tremendously, it will serve that purpose.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
about 1,290 from the 4.95" M&P, and 10" of penetration:

9x19mm, 115gr JHP, XM9001, Federal Ammunition, Velocity + Gel Test
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a great stash load. If that's what you have I would use it. It's a very accurate load. It does much better in duty sized guns vs subcompact
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top