Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 4:12:33 PM EDT
Does anybody have a link to pics of the most recent GDHP ammo?  I received a lot of 357SIG GDHP from an online dealer, and some of the nickel casings look tarnished or burnt, near the primers!  Also, the mouth is not as large and the petals are not as clearly cut as the ones I bought from the store.  Though the box doesn't say it, I'm wondering if this is reclassified ammo.  

The cases have the "S" stamp between the words SIG and SPEER, and there is an "A" stamped into the primers.  Also, all of the letters on the casing are stamped deeply into the metal, whereas the store bought ammo is lightly/thinly stamped.  

HELP!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
250rds packed loose in a clear plastic bag in brown cardboard box with a white sticker label?  Maybe from Ammoman?

If you've got something like the above description, yeah, that's been reclassified.  The label on the box should say somthing like "Not for LE use", "Not to be repackaged", "Practice ammunition".  I've shot hundreds of that stuff in 9mm and haven't had a single problem.  No experience with the 357.

Whatever the case, it should make for great "carry what you shoot" practice ammo.  Just carry the store bought stuff.  But, for your wallet's sake, stay away from the 20rd boxes at the gunshop and find it in 50rd boxes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No,  these are in 50rd boxes, retail packaging.  They look different than the older ammo I have stowed away.  Has anyone else seen this ammo with tarnished or darkened nickel on the area around the primer?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the primers silver colored or gold colored?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The primers are gold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top