Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2016 6:34:10 PM EDT
130 grain +p bonded

I just bought some. Even with shipping it's cheaper than any .38 ammo locally.

Does any one have experience with this stuff? Specifically out of a snubby?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought 500 rounds from them recently as well. Pretty hard to go wrong with a premium JHP for range/target price.

FYI, this should be the same as the PDX-1 load that comes in the 20rd boxes. the "Defend" version is not +P, and slightly slower. I have shot a bit of the PDX load, and it is fairly peppy stuff, but not unmanageable.

From a snubby, it seems like this stuff is right on the cusp of not expanding very well if heavy clothing is involved. 135gr Gold Dot seems more consistent in that case, but I believe DocGKR has said the Ranger load is OK, and one of the three he suggests, If you don't carry wadcutters instead.

ETA: I carry a 442 Pro cut for moon clips, and the OEM clips that come with the gun do fit the clip groove of the Ranger and PDX loads. 135gr Gold Dot does as well. This may or may not matter to you, but I figured I would throw that out there.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for that information
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?23359-Uneven-seating-depths-and-OAL-s-with-38-sp-P-Win-Ranger-T-130gr-Bonded-JHP

FWIW, the lot numbers the guy quotes in the first post, are not lot numbers, but the box/carton numbers. There are some valid lot numbers later in the thread. Looking at ten rounds or so, from single box of the 500 rounds I got from CDNN, I don't see any grossly short/long rounds, nor any that are canted. The lot number on mine does not match any in that thread.

Just throwing this out there, for anyone who is reading.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top