Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2016 9:54:35 AM EDT
Ive seen so called govt overrun of this stuff. Its not on the fbi's list that i have. Is it on the most current one? If not, why would a .gov entity buy ammo the fbi says isnt up to snuff?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ive seen so called govt overrun of this stuff. Its not on the fbi's list that i have. Is it on the most current one? If not, why would a .gov entity buy ammo the fbi says isnt up to snuff?
View Quote

Used to be the standard duty load for Border Patrol until about 6 years ago or so, switched to 180 at that time. Could be others still using it, lots of people and organizations don't follow FBI recommendations.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a bunch of 135gr (yes, 1-3-5) government contract overrun ammo that was alleged to be used by I.C.E.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
MassAmmo just had (they may still have) this stuff on sale for pretty cheap.  IIRC, it was 72.50/250 w/12.99 S/H.  I recently bought 500 for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think some ICE desk jocks were issued H&K P2000 subcompacts and the lighter bullets were issued to them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think some ICE desk jocks were issued H&K P2000 subcompacts and the lighter bullets were issued to them.
View Quote

I figured it had to be legit overrun ammo since I've never seen commercial 135s anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Might be:

.40 Caliber JHP
MK 308 MOD 0
DODIC: DWGW
NSN: 1305-01-548-6279

Issued to USCG and NCIS for their .40 SIG P229s and P239s.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting, thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MassAmmo just had (they may still have) this stuff on sale for pretty cheap.  IIRC, it was 72.50/250 w/12.99 S/H.  I recently bought 500 for shits and giggles.
View Quote

Thats why i ask. I dont even own a .40 but thought about buying a can
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd buy the can and a PD trade in or other used .40 pistol for fun and back up stash, or maybe a PCC for even more cheap fun.  I know the cool kids aren't carrying .40 S&W right now, but it's a perfectly good round with a good track record.  I don't shoot it as much as I used to, but I still have ammo stashed away and a couple of .40 pistols, you never know when one caliber or another is suddenly going to dry up for one reason or another.  I don't believe in "caliber consolidation".
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd buy the can and a PD trade in or other used .40 pistol for fun and back up stash, or maybe a PCC for even more cheap fun.  I know the cool kids aren't carrying .40 S&W right now, but it's a perfectly good round with a good track record.  I don't shoot it as much as I used to, but I still have ammo stashed away and a couple of .40 pistols, you never know when one caliber or another is suddenly going to dry up for one reason or another.  I don't believe in "caliber consolidation".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my thinking as well.

I prefer 9s but im not a .40 hater
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#11]
The 155's do about 1160 feet per second.  The 147 +p's do about 1000.  It's hard not to like the extra horsepower.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The 155's do about 1160 feet per second.  The 147 +p's do about 1000.  It's hard not to like the extra horsepower.
View Quote

Those numbers alone are deceiving.  147s have a higher sectional density, and are better performers.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those numbers alone are deceiving.  147s have a higher sectional density, and are better performers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, ive always prefered high sd when I may need to punch through bone

168, 170, 175 in my .308, 30-30, and 7x57 too
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol good answer...

The 155 HST and Remy 155 JHP  that BP used to use is all that I carry.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol good answer...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol good answer...

The 155 grain Remingtons make an impressive fireball when shooting, that's about all I can say about them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Works fine in my 22/27but is hot. Very snappy recoil. Also the old Winchester ranger 155 gr was hot as well with massive fireball. I didn't like extra recoil plus heard border patrol had issues with accelerated wear on their sidearms and switched to the 180 gr load
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought 2 cans because the shipped price was so good.  My usual carry in .40 is 180 HST.  But the price converge Mass Ammo 155 was too good to pass up.  I'm going to shoot some through my M&P to see how it shoots.  If it shoots well, then I have a nice stash of defense ammo to keep I reserve.  If I don't like it, I'll stack it in the fort and sell it off during he next panic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is selling police trade in Gen 4 and Gen 3 .40 Glocks for $350 to $400, depending on model and condition.  Free shipping as well.  I've ordered from them several times and try are GTG.  I would buy one for the safe except I've committed to M&P in .40, and have a stocked up on M&P .40 mags.  I'm hoping another round of trade in .40 M&P pistols comes around to add a spare.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK I have to ask you guys...Is MassAmmo a reputable company.  I haven't had to buy Ammo in a while and have never seen them before.  A quick search shows them as a prior Industry Partner, but looks like they're now have a free account.  155 HST is my carry ammo and I am down to under a case so I would like to buy 1K if they are recommended site.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

OK I have to ask you guys...Is MassAmmo a reputable company.  I haven't had to buy Ammo in a while and have never seen them before.  A quick search shows them as a prior Industry Partner, but looks like they're now have a free account.  155 HST is my carry ammo and I am down to under a case so I would like to buy 1K if they are recommended site.

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I have bought from them twice, now.  First time getting the ammo shipped was a bit slow but shipped after a few days.  The second time, the ammo shipped the very next day.  GTG in my opinion as I will buy from them again.  They don't gouge you on shipping costs and they have fairly frequent good deals.  I still prefer SGAmmo, but so do a lot of other guys, so availability forces me to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought the 40 S&W 155gr but says tactical bonded. Are these HST? I bought them from AmmunitionToGo years ago now.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/50rds-40-sw-federal-le-tactical-bonded-155gr-hp-ammo
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought the 40 S&W 155gr but says tactical bonded. Are these HST? I bought them from AmmunitionToGo years ago now.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/50rds-40-sw-federal-le-tactical-bonded-155gr-hp-ammo
View Quote

They are not HST, but the Tactical Bonded are a good quality SD round nonetheless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top