Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2015 1:11:16 AM EDT
Any feed back?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have three boxes I'm going to do testing on..
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Read about PolyCase in Guns & Ammo while I was deployed not long ago and it really got my attention. Planning on getting a box or two as soon I can track some down. Doesn't seem to be anyone in my area selling it. Very interested to see what others have to say about it though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought two boxes of Ruger APX in 9mm from Cabelas the other day  (had a gift card to blow).  I haven't got to test it yet, but everything I've read sounds interesting.  May be a while until I get to use any of it, looking for a new house.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]
It may be something to consider if you live someplace like NJ that bans hollowpoints.

Sounds like they are relying on "temporary cavity", which in handguns is not effective (read the ammo FAQ's).

"Since it doesn’t rely on expansion to transfer energy, the ARX® can’t fail to expand like some hollow-points either" (from the FAQ on polycase site)

also " ARX® transfers force to targets in a completely new way. Through rotational and lateral transfer of energy, it produces some incredible temporary cavities."

May be better than ball ammo, but I would not trade it for a good hollowpoint.  Even if you live in NJ, I think there are some of the solid rounds that will expand and perform well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top