Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2014 5:37:18 PM EDT
Shooting out of a snub nose, is this ammo really as bad as the tests I have been looking at on YouTube make it seem? In short barrels the bullet drops velocity enough to clog the cavity resulting in no expansion is what I'm guessing?

I ask cause I just bought some boxes of it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been to a few factory demo shoots and they performed well enough in snubbies that I use them even though I sell in addition to Ranger ammo.  Federal Tactical, Speer LE, Remington LE, Hornady.

I also like the Gold Dot SB in my little J36.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]
You might look into Hornady Critical Defense in .38spl. Supposedly Hornady engineered its performance around snubbies.

Personally, I like the old school .38spl.+p 158gr. HPSWC. I have a huge stash I purchased from a police trade-in deal many years ago. I keep my Ruger LCR loaded with that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I ran out of the 38spl.+p 158gr. HPSWC a long time ago. It is not available very often and pretty expensive. The last time I received a partial pallet of it I paid almost 36.00 a box for it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
135gr Gold Dot Short Barrel or 125gr Corbon DPX out of a snub.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah...It was available locally though.  I use the Ranger bonded in .40 as my carry ammo so I thought it was gtg until I searched around.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top