Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2013 5:19:26 PM EDT
What does everyone think of the 9 mm gaurd dog ammo?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Junk
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Better than FMJ but not by much. At least it's an option in locales where JHP's are prohibited or for older pistols that won't feed JHP's.
Tomac
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Invaluable in the situations that Tomac listed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Look for EFMJ's instead. Same concept, but you should be able to find some in heavier bullet weights and in 50rd boxes. ...That is 'if' you can find it of course.
And if you have the option, go for HST hollow points.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I've always heard the Guard Dog ammo worked extremely well, so well it was recommend even for use in areas where other ammo was legal.  The concept is great but I've not seen any tests done, just people saying they witnessed a test and offering up their opinion based on that.  The idea of a home defense ammo that penetrates, expands and dumps its full energy into a bad guy with little to no risk of over penetration.  People today have been brainwashed by the internet into thinking if you aren't using the hottest ammo available used by the FBI and MiB then its not going to work.  Same thing with hunting the internet generation swears you need a .454 Casull for black bear and a .375 H&H for brownies, hell most people think hunting feral hogs with anything smaller than a .308 is pointless because the bullets will just bounce off.  I'm more inclined to believe the Guard Dog ammo works as advertised instead of the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 2:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
TEST

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably ok in the scenarios listed. Great for their designed purpose with family members or neighbors on the other side of walls. As a carry ammo I have really been impressed with the tests of Hornady Critical Duty. That is what I have switched to for winter carry. I still trust Gold Dot's 110% in the warmer months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top