Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2013 10:02:13 PM EDT
I bought some of this a few months ago. I figured it was a NATO-spec (or close enough) 9mm round, but now I'm wondering if it's that high-velocity stuff for Uzis only.

I was under the impression that the black tip stuff was the SMG ammo, but the middle line of text is ??? ???? which translates as "To submachine gun"

EDIT: oops, the board won't display that. Here's a link to google translate with that hebrew text: http://tinyurl.com/phpfmxs

The headstamp says "94" and "TZZ".

What do you guys think? Safe to shoot in a Glock 19?

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
TZZ is IMI (Israeli Military Industries).
I'll bet that is good, hot, sub-gun ammo.
Your Glock can take it.
I shoot the Fiocchi equivalent in mine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
With that stuff the slide stop notch wore out on my gen 1 Glock 17.  Don't remember if hotter than the current +p+ stuff, too far back to make a comparison.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always liked IMI 9mm ammo and have shot quite a bit of it through my Glocks. Glocks can handle ALL factory ammo including this stuff.

PS.: Just remember that NO country is going to produce a 9mm SMG load that will cause damage to their pistols if its used as pistol ammo. That's why the US developed a 9mm NATO load that can be safely used in both SMG's and pistols alike.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran the Fiocchi in my G17L, cycling and ejection were noticeably more vigorous, as was recoil.
If you have a lot of it, a stiffer spring might not be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 1:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top