Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 6:27:58 AM EDT
This is the first of two ballistics test videos you'll see this week on the Black Talon.  The next will be up later this week, comparing the original Black Talon to the current T-Series to show how bullet tech has changed.

Of course, we all know it is a myth that the black coating on these bullets was teflon, allowing the Black Talons to defeat body armor.  I thought it would be fun just to show how this works out in reality.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I was watching Ronin with Denero and he was shot, he said the bad guy coated his bullets with teflon and thats why it penetrated his vest.   Good ole 90s gun myths.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice video.....I carried the Black Talons back in the 90's in my duty gun.

Man that was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Back when Black Talon was the "wonder bullet", we had the opportunity to test out the then new gold dot in ballistic gel.  The gold dot was far superior to BT.  The BT fragmented and had minimal penetration.  The gold dot kept its jacket and had pretty impressive penetration.  .40 cal measured right at .60 consistently.  I still use Gold Dot.  Spendy but effective
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top