Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 5:30:27 PM EDT
Before anyone says anything about better rounds I know their are.  This is just what I have on hand.  For my 357mag I have Blazer Brass 158gr JHP or Remington UMC 125gr JSP. Which of those two would you choose for home defense? Im thinking the Blazer Brass but I doubt they expand.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly neither, JSP's won't expand and a 158 is likely to not expand in a typical size human target. Find some Rem or Fed 125 JHP's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Honestly neither, JSP's won't expand and a 158 is likely to not expand in a typical size human target. Find some Rem or Fed 125 JHP's.

I will get better rounds for it when I can but this is what I have right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Load everyother in the mag, hit your target twice, and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are just looking for something to use for HD until you can go out and get something better suited then either one would probably do. If I were to pick one I would go with the 158s as well, but when push comes to shove you hit any potential intruder with either of those rounds and his priorities will shift quickly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
man the 125 gr rem SP  is pretty hot in a 4inch Kframe

I would go with the one that is the slowest or with less recoil

some blazer loads use Gold Dot bullets
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I bet a SP would expand some what if it hit bone
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Load everyother in the mag, hit your target twice, and hope for the best.

I'd go for the heavier weight bullet until you can get something better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top