Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 10:20:00 AM EDT
I do not see either the .40 S&W or .45 ACP Winchester "Silvertip" JHPs listed in the FAQs as recommended self defense cartridges. Is this because they are no longer manufactured? Or, are they significantly inferior in some way to the current offerings?

I ask this because these are the loads I have always used/carried. In both of my pistols these loads are accurate, shoot to point of aim, are reliable and I have a good supply of each caliber.

I'm feeling the need to rotate this "old" (age and technology) ammunition and switch to something newer. However, the old man in me says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.".

Suggestions?

1DD
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Better options are now available.  I won't recommend any, because I have silver tips too.    Got to be able to kill dem' werewolves.  

I also have some Federal Hydro Shock that were cheap before the '08 election.  

I would "fix" it in a year or two when self defense ammo prices come back down.  (If they ever do.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top