Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2011 12:31:59 PM EDT

Is this stuff the same exact thing as Golden Saber??

What's the difference?

Based on the same technology trusted by law-enforcement professionals and now available for personal protection. Nickel cases resist corrosion and cycle dependably. Brass-jacket, hollow-point bullets deliver optimal expansion and penetration.

Link Posted: 1/4/2011 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It is the original Golden Saber ammo in new packaging.

Most of the newer GS ammo I see is bonded.

The original GS ammo had core separation issues with automobile glass and sheet steel, though the heavier bullet (147gr 9x19, 180gr .40S&W, 230gr .45acp) are ok.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
looking at their specs on the  remington website, the 9mm HD ultimate seems like it is the same as the 9mm 124gr Golden Saber, but not the 9mm 124gr +P Golden Saber
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I found out that R-P "HD Ultimate" ammo is less costly because they do not use sealed cases or flash-suppressed powders like Golden Saber.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I found out that R-P "HD Ultimate" ammo is less costly because they do not use sealed cases or flash-suppressed powders like Golden Saber.

Great information.  Thanks for posting.  

Somehow I'm not real surprised, as that explains the price difference.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where did you find this out?
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious about that too. Marketing an ammo for HD, that might very well be used in a low light situation with a non flash-suppressed powder, is doing a disservice to their customers. IMO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remington replied to my email ([email protected])

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a thread on this a few months ago. And yes, the "ultimate defense" is  inferior to the standard golden saber. Some of it looks like it was swept up from the factory floor. YMMV

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
There was a thread on this a few months ago. And yes, the "ultimate defense" is  inferior to the standard golden saber. Some of it looks like it was swept up from the factory floor. YMMV

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top